Our Program Guidelines
To qualify for a grant from Illinois Jumpstart please review the requirements below.
Eligible recipients must:
- Be based in the state of Illinois.
- Must be public schools, public libraries, or NFP institutions that provide youth services in a low or moderate-income community.
- Have suitable facilities and/or capacity to maintain and disseminate financial education content and materials.
- Can not be prior Illinois Jumpstart grant recipients, or family members of current ILJC Directors.
- Submit a completed application.
Illinois Jumpstart Grants are Valued at $500
- Grant recipients will be notified directly. When possible, Grant awards will be presented at an upcoming Illinois Jumpstart public event.
- If not selected initially, eligible applicants will be considered again in the following cycle. Those not selected in 2 consecutive cycles may reapply with new or additional information.
- Chosen candidates will receive a selection of print and digital materials for the age group(s) of their choice to establish an onsite financial education library.
- Recipients are expected to update Illinois Jumpstart periodically on their progress and how the grant has helped improve the financial capabilities of their communities they serve.
- Applicants authorize Illinois Jump$tart to use their name, and their answers in the “Tell Us About Your Organization” section of this application, online and in promotional materials.
- Illinois Jump$tart will never disclose applicant contact information without permission.
The application deadlines for the three Award Cycles are shown below.
- Spring – March 4
- Summer – June 24
- Fall – Sept. 16