Eligible recipients must:
- Reside and attend school in Illinois in grade 9 through post-secondary.
- Have demonstrated significant ability, initiative or achievement involving money management.
- Submit a completed application, along with a written recommendation on organization letterhead from a teacher, counselor or other non-family member.
- Not be prior ILJC scholarship recipients, or family members of current ILJC Directors.
- If awarded, scholarship funds will be paid directly to the student’s post-secondary school.
- Scholarships may used for tuition, books and fees at any post-secondary institution in which the recipient is currently enrolled.
- If a school application or enrollment is pending, the funds will be held and disbursed to the institution upon receipt of a Verification of Enrollment on school letterhead.
- Recipients’ financial knowledge or skills may be self-taught, learned at home or through an employer, or acquired through school or a non-profit, community or faith-based organization.
- Recipients will be notified directly. When possible, scholarship awards will be presented at an upcoming ILJC public event.
- If not selected initially, eligible applicants will be considered again in the following cycle. Those not selected in 2 consecutive cycles may reapply with new or additional information.
- Recipients will update ILJC periodically on their progress and how the scholarship has helped further their education and/or better their lives or their community.
To apply for a Student Scholarship, please fill out the form below. If you have questions about scholarship opportunities, contact us.
The application deadlines for the three 2015 Award Cycles are:
- Spring – February 19
- Summer – June 18
- Fall – October 1