Eligible recipients must:
- Be based in Illinois, and be public schools, public libraries, or NFP institutions that provide youth services in a low or moderate-income community.
- Have suitable facilities and/or capacity to maintain and disseminate financial education content and materials.
- Submit a completed application.
- Not be prior ILJC grant recipients, or family members of current ILJC Directors.
ILJC Library Grants Awards are valued at $500.00
- Recipients will be notified directly. When possible, Grant awards will be presented at an upcoming ILJC public event.
- If not selected initially, eligible applicants will be considered again in the following cycle. Those not selected in 2 consecutive cycles may reapply with new or additional information.
- Chosen candidates will receive a selection of print and digital materials for the age group(s) of their choice to establish an onsite financial education library.
- Recipients will be expected to update ILJC periodically on their progress and how the grant has helped improve the financial capabilities of their communities they serve.
- Applicants authorize Illinois Jump$tart to use their name, and their answers in the “Tell Us About Your Organization” section of this application, online and in promotional materials.
- Illinois Jump$tart will never disclose applicant contact information without permission.
A personal finance library will not only further parents’ knowledge, but also give them a launching pad to evoke thoughtful dialog with their kids about money. Thank you so much for the opportunity to be part of this.
To apply for a Library Grant, please fill out the form below. If you have questions about grant opportunities, contact us.
The application deadlines for the three 2015 Award Cycles are:
- Spring – February 19
- Summer – June 18
- Fall – October 1