- Reside and work in Illinois, and be public or private school teachers, professional trainers, or volunteers working in financial or economics education or a related field.
- Have demonstrated significant ability, initiative or achievement involving personal finance or economics education.
- Submit a written recommendation on organization letterhead from a Principal or Supervisor who is not a family member.
- Not be prior ILJC scholarship recipients, current ILJC Directors or their family members.
Recipients will receive reimbursements of up to $750.00 for either:
- Registration, accommodations, meals and travel expenses incurred attending the National Jump$tart Coalition’s Annual Educator Conference, or
- Expenses incurred participating in another accredited continuing education program related to personal finance or economics instruction.
- Recipients will be notified directly. When possible, scholarship awards will be presented at an upcoming ILJC education and networking event.
- If not selected initially, eligible applicants will be considered again in the following quarter. Those not selected in 2 consecutive quarters may reapply with new or additional information.
- Recipients will update ILJC periodically, on their progress and how the scholarship has helped further their education, or improve the capabilities of their students.
To apply for an Educator Scholarship, please fill out the form below. If you have questions about scholarship opportunities, contact us.
Note: all deadlines have passed for 2014 scholarships. Applications received from this point on will be considered for 2015 awards.