“Just as it was not possible to live in an industrialized society without print literacy – so it is not possible to live in today’s world without being financially literate. To fully participate in society today, financial literacy is critical…”
-Annamaria Lusardi, Denit Trust Professor of Economics and Accountancy at the George Washington University School of Business, and Director of the Financial Literacy Center
Established in 2004 as an affiliate of the National Jump$tart Coalition, ILJC is a 501(C)(3) staffed and run by volunteers committed to improving financial education. We have no personnel expenses; so all contributions directly support youth literacy programs. The following goals drive our mission:
- Raise awareness of the importance of financial capability.
- Energize new literacy advocates and encourage direct local action to improve financial education.
- Support individuals, organizations and initiatives that advance youth financial education.
- Be a trusted resource for financial education information in Illinois.
Organizations and individuals are welcome to become ILJC Sponsors. Your tax-deductible contribution will help support:
- Educator Scholarships
- Student Scholarships
- Financial Education Library Grants
- E-Newsletters on research, programs and events
- Online Resource access for all stakeholders
- Quarterly Education & Networking Events
- A new Preceptorship Program designed to raise awareness, energize literacy advocates, and promote local action to improve financial education
A range of Sponsorship Opportunities are available to suit every organization’s priorities and budget.